Since Dave seems to want all the questions emailed in prior to the call, let’s congregate them here so we can make sure that everyone’s questions are addressed. Put your question(s) in the comments. Here are mine:
1) What exact changes have been made to ESOAL and when?
2) Have medical professionals, not affiliated with TM, determined that ESOAL is reasonable and safe? If so, can you give us the names of the doctor(s) that will endorse ESOAL?
3) Have any psychology professionals not affiliated with Teen Mania endorsed ESOAL? If so, can you give us their names?
Health and Safety:
4) How are the standards and expectations for corporate exercise determined?
5) Have medical professionals determined that the expectations for corporate exercise are reasonable and safe? If so, can you give us the names of the doctor(s) that will endorse your exercise practices?
6) Why do interns who face injury and sickness ROUTINELY report that they are confronted and judged for being lazy and a lesser Christian?
7) Are the routine “interrogations” and “persecutions” administered during various LTEs and other activities (World Awareness, Core Group Meetings, etc) safe and supervised by medically knowledgeable people?
8) Through the overuse and misapplication of “Beat your body and make it your slave,” interns are conditioned to believe that physical injuries and suffering = spiritual maturity. Is this a sound theological and medical proposition?
9) Why are so many interns counseled to pray for healing in lieu of seeking medical attention or taking their medication?
9b) In one story, an injured intern came to you during the he World Awareness LTE. She says that you told her, “Does remaining in a dorm room for a weekend, or remaining in a campsite surrounded by your peers make any difference at this point. If you can walk you can continue the LTE.” She continues, “So for an entire weekend…I was without pain medication, sleep deprived, dirty, and in some of the worst pain of my life. “ Why didn’t you offer her medical care?
10)What kind of access do interns have to medical care? (Especially those without their own vehicle.)
11)Why do you tell interns that “You can sleep when you are dead.” or “Tired people rule the world”?
12)Are there any adults over the age of 25 on long road trips? Are interns required to have 8 hours of sleep before driving on road trips? If so, how is that enforced?
13)In your response letter, you said that the Honor Academy is not for everyone. Who, exactly, is the Honor Academy for?
14)Why aren’t interns free to leave at anytime during the year without condemnation from their leadership and their peers?
15)Why do you tell interns that those who quit the internship have the odds stacked against them in their ability to become a successful leader?
16)How do you justify kicking people out of your good graces when Jesus specialized in including sinners, the unclean and those outside the religious mainstream?
17)How do you justify an obsession with leadership, honor and statesmanship over the grace, love and inclusion that Jesus modeled? On what Scriptural basis do you justify that honor is the most important attribute of the Christian life?
18)Why do you promote a culture of confrontation and extreme judgment and then act surprised when interns feel condemned?
19)Describe Orange Block and the reasoning behind it.
According to your marketing material for CCM, interns who select the acting track will, “receive traditional acting training from professional actors/actresses and drama coaches.” There is not now, nor has there ever been a professional actor or actress heading this program at CCM.
20) Do you plan to hire a professional, do you plan to change your marketing material, or do you plan to continue with false advertising?
21) What financial restitution will you make for those who signed up for the program but did not receive the professional training as promised?
22)How many staff members in the Honor Academy have come to the HA as adults over the age of 30? Or is the majority of the staff comprised of people who spent their formative years at TM?
23) Given the fact that interns whose behavior violates certain moral standards or HA rules are placed on a probationary period, what do you feel is an appropriate probationary period for the sins that you’ve committed? And what would be an appropriate “growth plan?”